5 to 10 chiles de árbol (to taste)
1 garlic clove
½ teaspoon salt
2 small black peppercorns
1 teaspoon lime juice
20gr chopped fresh cilantro
1. Roast the tomatoes, chiles, garlic, onion and peppercorns in a cast iron skillet for about 3-5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a molcajete, first crush the garlic, salt and pepper to a smooth paste.
4. Add the chiles and onions, and grind again. Once integrated, add the tomatoes and crush until well ground.
5. Season with salt and pepper, add the lime juice and fresh cilantro and combine everything well.
6. Enjoy with your favorite tacos or with some good tortilla chips!
Important note: A molcajete must be made suitable for food before the first use. We explain how to do this step by step in the following link: