Ingredients for 12 servings:
- 12 Mexican tostadas
- 375 g frijoles refritos (refried beans)
- 250 g iceberg lettuce, cut into strips
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into strips
- 250 ml crème fraîche or sour cream
- 90 gs crumbled mild feta or shepherd's cheese
- 1 small can of salsa casera or salsa verde
Bake the tostadas in the oven at 180°C for about 5 minutes. Then heat the Frijoles Refritos and spread it on each tostada. Top with lettuce,chicken, 2 onion rings and 2 tomato slices each, as well as a piece of avocado. Sprinkle with a little salt and cheese and finish with the crème fraîche. Serve with the salsa of your choice.
Without meat, this recipe makes a delicious vegetarian appetizer!!!!