For 4 servings:
250ml vegetable oil
1 small garlic clove
1 pinch of cumin
½ teaspoon oregano
½ kilogram of potatoes, diced and cooked ( 7 minutes max.)
½ kilogram of carrots, diced and cooked ( 5 minutes max.)
1 pinch of salt
½ Romaine lettuce cut into julienne strips
100ml of heavy cream
150gr of panela cheese
1. Place the guajillo chiles in a saucepan with boiling water until soft. Remove them and open them to remove the seeds.
2. Prepare the sauce for the enchiladas mineras by placing the chiles, the peeled garlic clove, oregano, cumin and a pinch of salt in a blender. Blend until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan, dip the tortillas in the sauce until they are completely covered by the sauce and then fry the tortillas briefly. Place them on kitchen paper towels and set aside.
4. Now sauté the diced potatoes and carrots in the same pan where the tortillas were fried.
5. Next, fill the tortilla enchiladas with the potatoes and carrots.
6. Finally serve with lettuce, sour cream and cheese on top.
TIP: You can of course prepare these enchiladas with the meat of your choice.