Ingredients for four servings:
1 can of Frijoles Refritos Negros (black bean puree /430g)
butter or margarine
200g Gouda young or butter cheese in slices
Additionally for a fresh Salsa Mexicana*:
4 ripe tomatoes, finely diced
1 onion, finely chopped
1 Chile Jalapeño fresh or canned, finely chopped
1 small bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
The juice of two limes or to taste (Can also be prepared with lemon juice)
* Alternatively, you can use our ready-to-serve Salsa Casera (Art. 300203).
1. mix diced tomatoes, onion, jalapeño and cilantro in a bowl. Add lime juice and season with salt. Set aside.
2. preheat oven to 180°C.
3. cut the rolls in half and spread a light layer of butter on each half. Cover with a good portion of refried beans and place a slice of cheese on top.
4. place the Molletes on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the preheated oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
5. Serve warm with Pico de Gallo (= Salsa Mexicana)!
Tips: To jazz up the Molletes you can add ham, chorizo, mushrooms or poblano chiles before baking.
The salsa can also be prepared the day before and kept refrigerated until ready to use, or alternatively you can try our ready-to-serve Salsa Casera (Art. 300203).