Ingredients for 4 Servings:
- 8 bread rolls
- 1 can Refried Beans(430g)
- butter or margarine
- 200g Gouda or a semi-soft mild cheese of your choice, shredded or sliced.
Ingredients for the Pico de Gallo o Salsa Mexicana:
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 Chile Jalapeño fresh or canned
- 1 small Bunch of coriander
- Juice of two limes or to taste (can also be prepared with lemon juice)
Cut the buns open. Spread the bread roll halves very thinly with butter, pour a good portion of refried beans over them and sprinkle with cheese. Put the molletes on a baking tray (aluminium foil or baking paper underneath) and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.Serve warm with Pico de Gallo ( Salsa Mexicana ). Molletes can be spiced up with ham, chorizo, mushrooms or poblano chiles. Pico de Gallo o Salsa Mexicana is prepared by cutting tomatoes with the skin into small cubes, chopping onions, finely chopping jalapeño chillies and coriander and mixing all the ingredients in a bowl. Then season with lime juice and salt. Ready is the salsa!
Tip: You can also prepare this sauce the day before and keep it cool until you use it.