- 2 tablespoons of oil or butter
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 2 clean, deveined Guajillo peppers, cut into rings.
- 500 grams clean and chopped mushrooms
- 1 bottle of pumpkin flower, rinsed and chopped (optional)
- 1.7 litres of chicken broth
- 1 tsp. of Epazote
- Salt to taste
Heat oil or butter over moderate heat in a medium sized pot. Add the onion pieces, garlic and guajillo and sauté over medium heat until the onion is soft. About 2 minutes.
Stir in mushrooms and pumpkin flowers. Stir and cover the pot.
Simmer until mushrooms are soft and have released some of their juices, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the chicken broth and Epazote leaves and when the soup begins to boil over low heat season with salt.
Simmer for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Serve hot with warm corn tortillas.