- 2 finely chopped onions
- 400 g of ground beef
- 400 g of mixed ground meat
- salt, pepper
- Cascabel chili sauce (https://www.facebook.com/mexalgmbh/photos/a.1508554736136719/2355403531451831/?type=3&theater)
- 3 large potatoes (cooked)
- 1 kg of frozen Nopales (alternative = 900g of canned Nopales strips well rinsed)
- 1 210g can of whole jalapeño peppers
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- White Corn Tortillas
Cut the cooked potatoes into small cubes. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté the potatoes carefully, seasoning to taste with salt, pepper and paprika powder. Set aside.
Brown the onions in the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, add the ground meat and fry well. Season with a little salt, pepper and paprika powder, add the cascabel chile sauce and the cactus. Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes. Finally, season the stew with the finely chopped jalapeños and a little bit of its brine, or if you prefer it less spicy, just add the brine without the jalapeños. Once the stew is ready, carefully fold in the potatoes. Serve with hot tortillas and the salsa of your choice.