For the dough:
⅓ cup unsalted butter (75g)
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 cup allpurpose flour (130g)
2 tablespoons cold milk
4 egg yolks
50g white sugar
5 drops of vanilla extract (or the content of a vanilla pod)
10ml orange liqueur
zest of one lime
Strawberries and lime zest for garnish
6 individual tartelettes ramekins (approx. 6.5 cm in diameter) or a 20 cm tart mold
1. preheat the oven to 170ºC (top and bottom heat).
2. For the dough, mix the butter and sugar well in a bowl. Add the 2 tablespoons of milk and the flour and knead just enough to make a smooth dough. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. after 30 minutes, roll out the dough on a floured surface, line one or more tart moulds with it and trim off the excess dough around the edges with a knife. Before baking, prick the entire surface several times with a fork. 4.
4. now place the tart molds on a baking tray and freeze for 10 minutes.
5. bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and let cool completely. Then carefully remove from the molds and set aside.
6. For the filling, gently heat 100 ml of milk. Pull off the heat just before it comes to a boil and add the vanilla, lemon zest, and tequila cream liqueur. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
7. Mix the starch with the remaining milk. Whisk the egg yolks in a small saucepan, adding the sugar gradually. Then add the milk with the cornstarch and mix well.
8. now strain the milk with vanilla and lemon and add to the previous mixture. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
9. finally, fill the cupcakes with the mixture, decorate with strawberries and lime zest and refrigerate for at least an hour or until the filling has set.
#mexiko #tequila #diadeltequila #tequilatag #mexikanischestequila #realmexicanfood #sweets